The Staff Nurse is primarily responsible for the general care of all patients in the unit. Ensures maintenance of nursing care standards and conformance to quality systems and procedures of the hospital.
- To perform procedures/treatments and nursing care for patients in addition to assisting the doctors with practical procedures and ward rounds.
- To follow doctors on ward round and carries out the changes as ordered.
- To admit patients and monitor patients progress.
- To inform doctors about patients’ admission and condition.
- To carry out doctors’ orders and administer medications as ordered.
- To prepare patients for emergency/elective operations.
- To ensure nursing report is written in accordance to nursing care plan standards.
- To perform treatment and nursing procedures and take care of post- operative patients as specified in standard procedures
- To review patients regularly to assess their progress and to ensure that high quality care has been provided and to ascertain patients’ needs for additional care/ services.
- To prepare discharges and assist patients in the preparation for discharge.
- To assist in keying daily orders into the Hospital Information System in the absence of the ward secretary.
- To supervise and evaluate work performed by the junior staff and ensures that the standards of their performance conform with the quality assurance criteria of the unit in order to maintain high quality patient care.
- To update and maintain quality records within the statutory required retention period through proper identification, filing, storage maintenance and disposition of these records. Checks patients’ case notes at random to ensure correct billing and that all nursing records are up to date.
- Singaporeans only
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
- Minimum 2 years of Nursing experience in the Acute Setting.
- Able to perform 2 shift / Permanent Night
Applicant please email your detailed resume to Career@abercare.sg or contact us at +65 6721 9231
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com