The Staff Nurse is primarily responsible for the general care of all patients in the ICU.She is also responsible to ensure maintenance of nursing care standards and conformance to quality systems and procedures of the hospital.
- To perform procedures/treatments and nursing care for patients in addition to assisting the doctors with practical procedures and ward rounds.
- Assess, plan implement and evaluate nursing care of assigned patient.
- Implement established operational and nursing policies and procedures.
- Communicate and consult with members of the health care team
- Explain plan of care to patient and their family.
- Maintain a safe environment for patients, family and staff by adhering to establish safety and emergency practices and procedures.
- Care of both central and arterial lines and draw blood when necessary.
- Ensure life support equipment such as Ventilator function properly.
- Follow through with doctor’s order and report promptly any significant changes in patient’s condition.
- Prepares transfer and assists patient in the transfer to the normal ward.
- To supervise and evaluates work performed by the junior staff and ensures that the standards of their performance conform with the quality assurance criteria of the unit in order to maintain high quality patient care.
- To update and maintains quality records within the statutory required retention period through proper identification, filing, storage maintenance and disposition of these records. Checks patients’ case notes to ensure correct billing and that all nursing records are up to date.
- To ensure that the hospital’s infection control polices are adhere to.
- Singaporeans only
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
- Minimum 2 years of Nursing experience in the Acute Setting.
- Advanced Diploma in Paediatrics / Critical Care preferred
- Able to perform 2 shift / Permanent Night
Interested applicant please email your detailed resume to Career@abercare.sg or contact us at +65 6721 9231.
To apply for this job email your details to CAREER@ABERCARE.SG