The Staff Nurse is primarily responsible for scrubbing, providing assistance to surgeons and total patient care during recovery from general anaesthesia.
- To Performs duties as scrub nurse
- Checks and prepares instrument trolley for surgical cases.
- Checks instrument and carry out instrument and swab counts according to standard procedure.
- Checks and identifies the correct patient for the correct surgery, taking special note of the consent, site of operation, allergy etc.
- Ensures patients’ safety at all times.
- Supervises and checks to ensure accurate recording of all chargeable consumable items and supplies used by patients.
- To ensure correct swabs, needles and instrument counts according to standard practice and reports any discrepancy in any of the counts to nurse manager.
- To ensure accurate labeling and specimens are properly dispatched
- To ensure all TOP and sterilisation cases are properly recorded and documented.
- Ensure all TOP cases done by authorized gynaecologists and all guidelines must be met.
- To perform duties as circulating nurse.
- To guide and supervises the duties of the Enrolled Nurses and Healthcare Assistants.
- To perform duties as assistance to the surgeons.
- To take care of the post-operation patients in the recovery phase.
- To assist in the cleaning, packing and sterilisation of instrument and surgical supplies according to Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD) standards.
- To ensure total cleanliness of the operating theatres and preparation rooms
- Supervises the decontamination of operating theatre, equipment, and instrument following each contaminated case.
- To check crash cart, emergency equipment and supplies daily.
- Singaporeans only
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
- Minimum 2 years of Nursing experience in the Acute Setting.
- Advanced Diploma in OT preferred
- Able to perform 2 shift / Permanent Night
Interested applicant please email your detailed resume to Career@abercare.sg or contact us at +65 6721 9231.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org