Reporting to the Assistant Nurse Manager ( Home Care), you will manage incoming calls or enquiry relating to symptom management and home care service. You will provide professional nursing care including assessment and interventions for patients and education via telephone, You will also provide clinical guidance and direction to staff nurses and other junior staff to ensure the provision of safe, competent and quality nursing care.
- Make initial contact for all new cases within 48 hours.
- Perform initial clerking of all new referrals in the system.
- Communicate with hospital staff and community service providers on any care related enquiry.
- Receive incoming calls for home care nurses and communicate messages to the respective nurse. Assist home care nurses in communication and coordination with other health care providers.
- Perform assessment and evaluation on patients’ incoming calls and provide interventions as required.
- Ensure prompt notification to the primary nurse for patient’s conditons that require immediate interventions.
- Ensure proper phone diversion to on- call doctor during week days.
- Ensure the proper documentation of assessment, decision making and health advice.
- Serve as a resource person for junior staff/ team members.
- Check and maintain inventory for donated consumables and drugs.
- Collaborate with other multidisciplinary team members to provide support to patients.
- Participate actively in team discussion on patient managment.
- Comply with the Singapore Nursing Board’s Standards of Practice for Nurses and Midwives, and the code of Ethics and Professional Codes.
- Undertake to keep oneself well informed of the updated industry guidelines and develop new skills that are necessary for the job.
- Serve on the nursing and quality improvement committees as assigned.
- Participate in improvement of daily workflow process as necessary.
- Any other duties as and when assigned.
- At least a Diploma in Nursing and registered with SNB
- Must have the related discipline experiences ( oncology/ palliative care/ Gerontology/Geriatrics)
- Working knowledge in IT and systems
- At least 3 years of Registered Nurse working experience ( preferably with home care experience)
- Possess good leadership and management skills and willing to contribute as an effective team-player.
- Able to perform under pressure
- Office hour ( MON TO FRI) , must be comfortable to work on Weekend if scheduled to be on-call.
Interested applicant please email your detailed resume to email@example.com or contact us at +65 6721 9231