Job Description & Requirements
- Provide radiology nursing care.
- Assist radiologist and surgeons during radiological procedures. ▪ Monitor and assess patient pre, intra and post procedures
- Coordinate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary caregivers in providing safe efficient patient care.
- Prepare patient for MRI procedure and cannulation for scan.
- Recover patient after day surgery operation.
- Follow up with specimen result and charges.
- Guide new nurses and train.
- Stock order and receive.
- Prepare for next day cases
- Help in department audit.
- Keep track of staff training.
- Keep track of equipment PM.
Roles & Responsibilities
Patient Care Management
- Perform check and prepare patient for radiological procedure.
- Respect and protect patients’ right and confidentiality.
- Assess patient and complete patient safety check prior to procedure.
- Check and prepare supplies for procedures.
- Assist patient’s positioning for procedure.
- Assist radiologist and surgeon during procedures.
- Collect and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis where necessary.
- Coordinate with radiologist or surgeon to ensure smooth running of procedure list.
- Provide guidance for new staff to ensure quality-nursing care is rendered.
- Implement and maintain the principles of sterility and asepsis for all procedures and techniques.
- Comply with established guidelines of infection control practices.
- Recognize and intervene in emergency situation involving patient care or other team members.
- Document accurately and legibly in relevant patient care records and in billing of consumables and implants.
- Assist and maintain safe custody of Controlled Drugs.
- Replenish surgical supplies and drugs on daily basis.
- Maintain effective communication and interpersonal relations with the patients and caregivers.
- Conduct Nurse discharge process as initiated by the clinician when applicable.
- Participate in continuing nursing education to maintain clinical knowledge and competence.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisors.
- Demonstrate proper use, care and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrate proper and economical usage of sterile supplies and consumables.
- Assist in inventories and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure adequate daily supplies of consumables.
Risk and Quality Management
- Provide professional care through evidence-based approach.
- Report unusual and unsafe practices or events.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of infection control practices.
- Prescribe and implement fall prevention measures.
- Identify opportunities for process/ clinical improvement.
· Job Requirements:
- Min. 2 years of relevant experience as a staff nurse in clinical setting
- Minimum Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
- BCLS & AED Certified
- Experience in Interventional Procedure
- Mon to Sat, 5.5 Days
- 8.30am to 5.30pm & 8.30am to 12.30pm
Interested applicant please email your detailed resume to Career@abercare.sg or contact us at +65 6721 9231.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com