- Provide perioperative nursing care
- Assist surgeon during operation
- Monitor and assess patient during surgical procedures
- Coordinate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary caregivers in providing safe efficient patient care
Roles & Responsibilities
Patient Care Management
- Perform check and prepare operating room readily for procedure.
- Respect and protect patients’ right and confidentiality.
- Assess patient pre operatively and complete patient safety check prior to procedure.
- Check and ensure full preparation of set, suture, supplementary possible use of supplies prior to surgery.
- Assist patient’s positioning for procedure.
- Assist in IR procedure room
- Assist surgeon and anticipate surgeon needs during surgeries.
- Assist in anesthesia, recovery, circulating duties and any other duties within the team.
- Coordinate with surgeon or anesthetist to ensure smooth running of surgery list.
- Collect and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis where necessary.
- Provide guidance for new or junior staff to ensure quality-nursing care is rendered.
- Implement and maintain the principles of sterility and asepsis for all procedures and techniques.
- Comply with established guidelines of infection control practices.
- Recognize and intervene in emergency situation involving patient care or other team members.
- Document accurately and legibly in relevant patient care records and in billing of consumables and implants
- Assist and maintain safe custody of Controlled Drugs
- Collaborate with Nursing Manager /Team(s) to:
- Assess staff clinical competency
- Enforce peri-operative clinical nursing standards
- Enforce infection control practices
- Maintain effective communication and interpersonal relations with the patients and caregivers
- Participate in continuing nursing education to maintain clinical knowledge and competence
- Develop junior staff through mentoring and preceptoring activities
- Provide constructive feedback to the Supervisor regarding staff clinical performances
- Implement and conduct in-service education and unit-based orientation for the OT nurses
- Serve as liaison, and resource person for the perioperative nurses
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisors
- Demonstrate proper use, care and maintenance of endoscopes, instruments, equipment and supplies
- Demonstrate proper and economical usage of sterile supplies and consumables
- Assist in inventories and equipment maintenance
- Ensure adequate daily supplies of consumables
- Assist with optimal OT room utilization
Risk and Quality Management
- Provide professional care through evidence-based approach
- Report unusual and unsafe practices or events
- Monitor and ensure compliance of infection control practices
- Prescribe and implement fall prevention measures
- Serve as a role model
- Identify opportunities for process/ clinical improvement
- Min. 2 years of relevant experience as a staff nurse in clinical setting
- Minimum Advanced Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
- BCLS & AED Certified
- Experience in Interventional Procedure
- Mon to Sat, 5.5 Days
- 8.30am to 5.30pm & 8.30am to 12.30pm
Interested applicant please email your detailed resume to Career@abercare.sg or contact us at +65 6721 9231.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org