Job Description & Requirements
- Provide pre and post-operative nursing care.
- Monitor and assess patient during surgical procedures.
- Coordinate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary caregivers in providing safe efficient patient care.
Roles & Responsibilities
Patient Care Management
- Perform check and prepare operating room readily for procedure.
- Respect and protect patients’ right and confidentiality.
- Assess patient pre operatively and complete patient safety check prior to procedure.
- Check availability of supplies and anaesthetic drugs.
- Assist the anaesthetist with anaesthetic procedures.
- Coordinate with surgeon or anaesthetist to ensure smooth running of surgery list.
- Perform anesthesia nursing care under supervision of surgeon in the absence of anaesthetist.
- Assist in other nursing duties such as circulating and monitoring of post-operative patients.
- Provide guidance for junior staff to ensure quality-nursing care is rendered.
- Implement and maintain the principles of sterility and asepsis for all procedures and techniques.
- Comply with established guidelines of infection control practices.
- Recognize and intervene in emergency situation involving patient care or other team members.
- Document accurately and legibly in relevant patient care records and in billing of consumables and implants.
- Maintain safe custody of Controlled Drugs.
- Replenish anaesthetist supplies and drugs on daily basis.
- Collaborate with Nursing Manager /Team(s) to:
- Assess staff clinical competency
- Enforce peri-operative clinical nursing standards
- Enforce infection control practices
- Maintain effective communication and interpersonal relations with the patients and caregivers.
- Participate in continuing nursing education to maintain clinical knowledge and competence.
- Develop junior staff through mentoring and preceptoring activities.
- Provide constructive feedback to the Supervisor regarding staff clinical performances.
- Implement and conduct in-service education and unit-based orientation for the OT nurses.
- Serve as liaison, and resource person for the perioperative nurses.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisors.
- Demonstrate proper use, care and maintenance of endoscopes, instruments, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrate proper and economical usage of sterile supplies and consumables.
- Assist in inventories and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure adequate daily supplies of consumables.
- Assist with optimal OT room utilization.
Risk and Quality Management
- Provide professional care through evidence-based approach.
- Report unusual and unsafe practices or events.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of infection control practices.
- Prescribe and implement fall prevention measures.
- Serve as a role model.
- Identify opportunities for process/ clinical improvement.
· Job Requirements:
- Relevant experience as a staff nurse in clinical setting
- Minimum Advanced Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with the Singapore Nursing Board
- BCLS & AED Certified
- Experience in Interventional Procedure
- Mon to Sat, 5.5 Days
- 8.30am to 5.30pm & 8.30am to 12.30pm
Interested applicant please email your detailed resume to Career@abercare.sg or contact us at +65 6721 9231.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com